Monday, March 11, 2013

A bit ago I noticed that I had really been unobservant as when I noted that Karin had dropped a dog in Kaltag it was an 'oops' moment: that brought her count down to 12 dogs.  What happened to the other two?  But with minimal search I found she dropped two at Eagle Island checkpoint.  I won't know which dogs until Karin gets in tonight and then I will add that info to my post.  I will also post a picture of the damage to her sled from when she caught that tree branch back before Nikolai, 5-6 days ago.  The repair job should be interesting; it seems to have held.

Since one of the things I work at doing for Karin is raising money (any ideas?) and trying to find sponsors (hello?) I figure I should mention that one of Karin's fans wrote to Gwen that we should set a goal of financing the purchase of a new sled for Karin.  They cost several thousand dollars so.....Gwen is changing the name of the dinner on April 20th this year from Fishing for Dollars to Fishing for Sled Dollars.  The dinner is an annual affair in Mt. Baldy, CA, with adult beverages served at my sister's and the barbequed salmon - and other protein - dinner served at the elementary school there in Mt. Baldy.  Karin will fly down and give a power point presentation: Tales From the Trail.  All are welcome; just write to me or my sister for details.

I will also be working with Karin to put out a small cookbook with her favorite recipes (she is a good cook, too!) and recipes from her fans.  Need a title, something catchy.  Any ideas?  Let me know before June 1st and you might win one of the cookbooks.  They should sell for $15.00 and I hope to have them available before the end of summer...in plenty of time for Thanksgiving hostess gifts or Christmas/Chanukkah.

End of ad.

1 comment:

  1. I emailed you my submission for the cookbook...I hope you got it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and/or ask questions.