Friday, February 22, 2013

Thursday morning scenery along I-10.
The first day of travel was all in Florida - over 500 miles and I was still within the state.  Tuesday was fun as I not only left Florida but entered and left Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and then entered Texas.  Wednesday found me driving endless miles in the open lands of Texas but ending the day in Deming, New Mexico.  When I pulled in for the night I learned that it was snowing in Tuscon.  My view on the first part of the drive Thursday was white on the ground, mostly dry roads and cloudy skies.  Arrived in Tuscon about noon, by then it was clear and warm.  Made it to Mt. Baldy Thursday night to the pleasure of all:  my sister, my dog and me.  I had dodged yet another storm.  (On my way to Florida I had spent a night in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, two days before the tornado hit there.)

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you and then following your posts from Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday, I'd LOVE to have adventures like you do. Wow! How much you've seen. So glad you missed the tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're quite the woman! Don't think I could travel the distance you do by myself!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and/or ask questions.